Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Sasaki Bags 1st Quarter

Is it possible that we are in March and my first quarter is nearly over with? There has been so much going on here at Sasaki Bags that I haven't had much time to do anything but sew! I finished up two of my corporate orders and will be delivering one of them next week. Ahhh, fewer boxes to line my walls! I am starting to rethink my decorating style as "early industrial"! There are currently 19 large boxes full of Sasaki Bags surrounding my living room. I apologized to MM for this unsightly display and being the man he is he said, "I just see $$$". ***sigh***

I am right on track for finishing up my huge corporate order that is due in May. That is a feat that I am quite proud of considering I found time to go see my parents and deal with two bouts of the flu! I am thankful to my seamstress who kept things rolling along.


I have been working on a couple of things "in my spare time". I designed some fabric and had a few yards printed up to see how I like it. It is quite fun playing with design! The first design was developed by just photographing my label and having it printed in a 1/2 brick pattern. The second pattern is the Sasaki family Mon repeated. I changed the colors to a nice purple to match my labels. If you have ever thought about making your own fabric, http://www.spoonflower.com/ is the place to try it out. You can also sell your fabric there if you are really good!




















I have also been working on a some new techniques that I was encouraged to try by reading Lisa Lams new book. She has such a great website http://u-handbag.typepad.com/ . Lisa has an easy style and I enjoy her blog as well as her tutorials. So the technique I am playing with is adding darts to add volume to a bag. I am just fiddling around with how big to make the darts and placement for best results. Here are a couple of my new bags:









The purple corduroy bag has a black lambskin gusset and flap that don't show up well in the photo. The other bag was made with a fabric in Amy Butler's Love line. I believe it is called Soul Blossoms. I lined it with my new "Sasaki" fabric.
Lots more items in the works.

a hui hou

1 comment:

Mom said...

I love your new fabrics! Also the purple purse!!