Thursday, October 9, 2008

Potato Bags


I just finished and mailed off my first big order to Idaho. One of the potato companies I contacted regarding my "Haute Potato" bag ordered 16 bags to take to their trade show coming up later this month in Florida. I made 11 shoulder bags and 5 grocery totes. I have now made over 500 bags for the year! Somedays I feel like I could actually sew in my sleep! At times I almost do. For this order I was so worried that I wouldn't finish it in time to account for the occassional Postal delays so I would get up at 4 or 5 am some mornings to sew a few hours before Earl would awake. And of course sew until bedtime.

You can't tell from the photo but I used some great fabrics for the linings of the shoulder bags. I mixed polka dots of different sizes and introduced some bright prints that kept in line with the companies "red, black and gold" theme.

I had some other bags arrive today. Angela D., I can start on your bag soon! I have started taking orders already for the holidays. Looking forward to a busy season. Sew, Sew, Sew!

No comments: