Wednesday, January 7, 2009

A New Design



Yesterday I was gone, running around most of the day doing errands and meeting with some customers. So today I had to crack the whip again and get back to my sweat shop...er...uh...Studio! I have never made a messenger style bag before so have been looking at them when I am out and about. I made this one pretty basic just to get the hang of it. It is 9" x 11" x 4". I made it out of a Hula Daddy bag and attached a generous strap so that it hangs a little longer than my other shoulder bag. I put one cellphone pocket and a pen slot in this bag but would like to play with adding other pockets to future bags. I have seen some that have zippers in the flap and like that idea.

So, as promised, new designs are in the works. I have so much going on actually! My Etsy sales have kept up the pace into the new year and I have also sold both of my Bolton-Sasaki handpainted bags. So I guess I better get off the computer and get back to the sewing machine.

Aloha
Barb

No comments: