Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Isuien Miyako



Today, we have the birth of the long awaited Isuien Miyako. Isuien has caused me to labor long and hard but I am sure you will agree that she was worth the wait! The name Isuien comes from a beautiful Japanese garden in Nara, Japan that I visited. It is the only garden of it's kind in all of Japan. I thought this was an appropriate name because this handbag will forever be a one of a kind original. The fabric is a vintage obi (the tie that you wrap around a kimono). It is one of the most exquisite pieces of fabric I have ever touched. It is silk, of course, in shades of sage green, soft rose, and pale lavendar with creamy lotus flowers and golden metallic vines. Although her roots are in the orient,this bag does not look "asian" as many of my bags do. This bag would be at home in Chicago or Kyoto!

The lining is a fabric I have saved and cherished for quite some time. I knew I would one day find the perfect application for it. It is a rich irridescent lavendar pintuck. It has a gold sheen to it, making it compliment the obi fabric beautifully. Since both fabrics are so rich, I did not want to use a closure that would distract the eye so I chose to use a gold-tone metal magnetic snap on the interior. There are two exterior pockets that are accented with ivory satin piping. Isuien's handles are 16" long, making her the perfect wristlet.

Born on Tuesday, December 18, 2007, Isuien Miyako is a Saggitarius. She is a true lady. She adores fine champagne or sparkling water and enjoys late lunches with girl friends or dining by candlelight with someone special. Although she has seen much of the world, she is as comfortable on the East Coast as she is in the Far East!

No comments: