Saturday, December 1, 2007

There's a New Diva on the Scene!



Tonight I added to my Diva Collection with the birth of "Scarlett". She is a delicious scarlet colored dupioni silk (which I love to work with!). I custom made oversized black silk piping to accent her pockets with.

She is lined with black silk from a vintage kimono that has a tone on tone asian print which is very subtle on the black. The two interior pockets are lined with the dark red silk that is used on her exterior.

I love her closure....(we should all have closure, don't you think?) Scarlett's is an elegant metal silver-tone button with a black velvet center. An elastic loop slips over it to secure the bag. She also has a magnetic closure (thanks again, mom!) I even put padding in Scarlett's handles for added comfort and structure.

On Scarlett's back is a little surprise. She has a black geometric design machine embroidered on her....which makes her back look as beautiful as her front!

I bought the red silk that I used in the creation of Scarlett a few years ago on a trip to California. I always buy two things on my trips...fabric... and music to evoke memories of that time and location. I still have a stash of fabric from Japan and Thailand and even some from Idaho that I got this summer!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Scarlett is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!