Wednesday, February 3, 2010

GreenCraft Magazine


Big news for Sasaki Bags today! My bags are in a magazine! Several months ago...infact nearly a year ago, I was contacted by someone asking me to mail them a bag or two to possibly be included in an upcoming magazine. It would be the first edition so there was nothing for me to reference. Honestly, I felt a bit skeptical. I had heard of scammers who send out emails like that to just "get free stuff". But I decided to trust. I sent them two bags and didn't hear much for several months. When I did hear from them, they told me that I would not be in the first edition but would be in the next one. The magazine is only published twice a year.


So long story, longer...

I emailed them yesterday and was told that indeed, my bags were included in GreenCraft Magazine's February (Vol. 2) issue. I have not seen it yet but they said they shipped me a copy.

It feels much like something I experienced years ago. My exhusband and I (at the time he was my husband) were in a commercial for Silverwood Theme Park in Idaho. We spent several hours filming a 30 second clip but had fun. At the time, we didn't even own a TV! So people kept coming up to me saying, 'we saw you on TV" and I wasn't sure if that was a good thing or a bad thing because I hadn't seen it!

Like that, I do not know which bag they chose to use. I don't know if they used my whole "interview" or parts. But I am celebrating a little recognition today by....SEWING!
a hui hou

3 comments:

Mom said...

Congratulations!!!! This is very exciting and I am very proud of you!!
I hope to have my copy of the magazine soon.
Put your "seat belt" on and be ready for many new orders!!

Lori P said...

congratulations! I just picked up my first copy of greencraft today and found your bags. They're great! I make jewelry and have recently begun to sew a few bags myself after not having sewn for about 17 or so years! You're quite an inspiration.

Sasaki Bags said...

Hi Lori!
Thank you for your message. I feel honored that I may have inspired you to pursue your sewing after so many years. I have learned many sewing tips from online. When I want to learn a new technique for installing a zipper or a new kind of handle, I usually go http://u-handbag.typepad.com/ She is a talented bag maker with easy to understand instructions. You may have already checked her site out, but if not...DO!