Thursday, December 18, 2008

Disney Crochet Tote Bag




I had to take a break from making all my customer orders and work on some things for my own family. I don't think my sister in law ever reads my blog so this should be safe (I hope). She loves pink, and she loves Disney characters, she is into crocheting...and she is Japanese SO...I created a large pink bag with Daisey Duck and Minnie Mouse machine embroideries, added some beautiful bright asian print fabric and then stuffed it with some yarn and crochet accessories. I really love this bag. It took me all day just because I made it without a pattern...sort of made it up as I went. I knew how I wanted it to look but had to nip and tuck here and there to achieve the final product. I hope she likes it.

AND... just for any "licensing infringement" police out there, I never use Disney or other licensed embroidery designs on items that I make to sell! This will be given as a gift!

I really should make some notes about how I made this bag so that I don't have to reinvent it the next time I want to make a bag like this. It has 11 pockets and a magnetic snap closure.

Back to the sweat shop
a hui hou

No comments: