Thursday, December 18, 2008

Life is Fragile...

I just had a harsh reminder today of how fragile life can be.

About 3 weeks ago a girl I had once worked with, very briefly, emailed me. She had seen my bags and was hoping I had time before Christmas to make a custom coffee bag for her mom. I emailed her photos of different lining fabrics and we talked back and forth. She also wanted to order a bag for herself but said there was no rush on that one. We decided we would get together after the holidays and design a special bag for her. I finished the bag for her mom a couple of weeks ago but we weren't able to connect until last Thursday. I took the bag into the Four Season's Hotel, where she worked and she loved it. She was so excited to be able to have it to give to her mom.

Today, I found out that Janelle, the beautiful young mom, was killed in a car wreck the following day. The bag I made was still under her desk. She lived with her mom and didn't want to take it home yet, I guess. I want her mom to know how much thought she put into that gift. All the emails back and forth. It wasn't just something she bought on sale!

I am a believer that people come into your life for "a reason, a season or a lifetime". Sometimes we never know the reasons, but today, I think I might...

Hug your kids tonight. Tell those you love that you do. Life is fragile.
Janelle, you will be missed, honey.

No comments: