Friday, October 24, 2008

Little Miss Kona Coffee Pageant





So, yesterday I was finally able to buckle down and get some serious sewing done. Atleast, that was the plan because I have 82 bags on order right now with Kauai Coffee, the Coffee Festival and Xmas orders. Plus I am trying to keep some bags in the Kona Mountain Coffee Store here too! I started my morning by prepping several bag parts. I don't have a serger so I zigzag around each burlap piece before I sew it into some of my bags. That is kind of nice "no brainer" work but it is time consuming. I love it when I don't have to think too hard! But while I was doing that, the director of the Little Miss Kona Coffee Pageant called. She had seen my bags down at Kona Mountain and wondered if I would be willing to donate to the girls this year. They have 5 different age group categories. So I made 5 different bags that hopefully the girls will like. I even made a little bag for the 4-6 year old age group! Thank you to Mary at Kona Mountain Coffee for letting me use their coffee bags to make the Sasaki Bags out of!

The Coffee Festival is just around the corner. In fact, it is only 3 weeks from tomorrow! Yikes!

I am trying so hard to get everything done so that I can be organized with my booth. I still have to sew some table covers and embroider a new sign for "Sasaki Bags". I have Hypertufa instructions to print (see hypertufaArtistry.blogspot.com)
Business cards to make...oh my other job is busy right now so I also have to punch a time clock and do some physical labor! I really need a 36 hour day...can anybody help me out???

No comments: