Thursday, November 27, 2008

Gobble Gobble!

Okay, who ate too much today??? Hubby and I went to his sister's house for Thanksgiving dinner. She always puts on quite a spread. There were about 20 of us this year. Thanksgiving in Hawaii is quite a different menu than what folks on the mainland eat. Oh sure, we had Turkey, Ham, mashed potatoes, cranberries and pumpkin pie. But a traditional Thanksgiving appetizer (pupu) in my husband's family consists of sushi, fresh catch sashimi, edemame (soy beans), shrimp cocktail, and ogo poke (chunks of fresh raw fish with onions, seaweed, and a chef's choice of ingredients.

We came home and both took naps! But don't go thinking that I took the day off! I have no time for that! I finished up one bag that was on my order list and made two bags out of a couple of new coffee bags that I recently got permission to sew with for my etsy store. One of them is "Buddha's Cup" coffee. On one side it says "for the enlightened bean in all of us" and it has a cute Chubby smiling Buddha on the other side.

The other bag was made with Country Samurai's bag. I really like their bag too. One side says "Kona Peaberry" which is the primo type of coffee. The other side has Japanese writing that I assume says, "Country Samurai". I will have to ask Sharlene Kunitake, the owner.

So I am just trying to juggle and balance all this bag making. I sent off 31 bags to Kauai this week, made 12 xmas stockings for Kona Mountain Coffee's retail store, sold 7 bags out of my etsy store and keep plugging away at the orders that I have to finish before Christmas.

Back to the Sweat Shop!
a hui hou

No comments: