Friday, March 5, 2010

Stop and smell the plumerias!

Today I took the day off! MM and I hadn't had a day off together for over two weeks so this morning we got up and went to Kona Mountain for a "cuppa". Then we went to a couple of Granite places to see what is on island right now. We are re-doing our master bathroom, following the leaky toilet mishap. While planning that, we came across a nice slab of granite for the kitchen island....oh and then we may as well do the countertops too! We won't be able to do it all at once, but are having fun with the selection process.

For lunch today we rode the motorcycle out to the Queens shops by the Hilton (19 miles away) and had an Arbys roast beef with horsey sauce! It was more about the company than the food!

While he was taking a little nap I finished up a custom order (I know, I said I was taking the day off....but this hardly counted! Earl was asleep!) And in a few minutes we leave for a matinee movie.

This evening we will be going up to his mom's for dinner and then home fairly early. Maybe because I don't have days like this very often, I really appreciate them! I have to remember to "stop and smell the plumerias!"

a hui hou

No comments: