Saturday, June 5, 2010

If your life was a book...




Have you ever thought about that? What if your life was a book?

Today I got up early and took a 2 mile walk down at the beach. It had just rained and the roadway was still wet and scented with the sweet wet aroma. I never know where my thoughts will lead me when I am all alone with them. Often times they bounce back to a bag design that has been tumbling about in my head and I try to work out zipper challenges or pocket placement to pass the time. But today I was thinking about my life.



If my life was a book, what section of the bookstore would you find it in? Drama? Adventure? Romance? Self Help? Humor? And would it be interesting enough to read? Would you recommend it to friends?










This thought first came to me many years ago. Perhaps it was when I was struggling through the fallout of a divorce. I tried to imagine that my hardships were but a single chapter in my "life story". They weren't the whole story!








What do you look for in a good read? I like a little mystery, with a hint of romance and adventure and it is best if it also makes me laugh out loud a couple of times. But I like it to keep moving. I like characters with colorful personalities that are sprinkled throughout.

I hope this photo makes you laugh outloud! It was my 46th bday and the prop is a candy cigarette and the lips are wax! No mom, I haven't started smoking! And no lip injections for me!



It isn't always the case, but I would like to live my life so that if it ever were to become a book, it would be one you just couldn't put down. What happens next??? How did she overcome that??? What crazy friends she is blessed with!!! I want it to be a "feel good" book, not a "look at all the mistakes I made" book!

All I really want before the last page of "my story" is one more triumph than there were tragedies! And maybe a few more laugh-out-loud moments! I hope to have many more chapters to work it all out before you see:


"... happily ever after. The End"










a hui hou

6 comments:

Mom said...

I hope I am the first to respond! I would definitely read your life story! I have lived much of it with you and you are definitely a survivor and have used humor to carry you where you are today. Dream big and live every day! I am proud of the woman you have become and I love you with all of my heart!

Suzanne said...

They do say that you should live your life with a view to how it will read in your autobiography. (Special Topics in Calamity Physics by Marisha Pessl - 2006) I think you are on track to a balanced and engaging story. Looking forward to the next chapter...

Sarah said...

What a lovely and thoughtful way to reflect upon your life. And look forward to your future! Your post really inspired me to think about the chapters in my own story. Thanks for that!
:)

Sasaki Bags said...

Hi Sarah,
When I first saw your comment, I thought it was from my daughter, also named Sarah! :)
So many people inspire me on a daily basis. I'm glad I could add to your thoughtfulness today.
Barb

Sasaki Bags said...

Good Morning Suzanne!
Thank you for your comment. I have had a few chapters that I would definately "skim over". But over all, they probably helped to shape the "main character". Its all good!

Sasaki Bags said...

Mom, you were the first to comment! I am just finding time to sit with a cup of coffee this morning and enjoy reading them. I'm counting on you to remember that if they ever do a movie, "based on the book", about me, it must star Sandra Bullock! And I'd want her to know that I chose her WAY before she was a big ole star! ;o)