Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Idaho Potato Commission







It is that time of year once more to renew my licensing with the State of Idaho. It seems that many people arent aware that in order to use an Idaho Potato sack, you actually have to be licensed through the Idaho Potato Commissioner. Thankfully, they are a joy to deal with. Kathy Ware has been most helpful in assisting me. At this time, I am the only person licensed to use the bags in the production of purses. So some of the wording of the contracts had to be customized to fit the purpose that I use the bags for.

I know, some of you think that I only use coffee bags but I also get a kick out of making my "Haute Potato" bags. This year I added two new designs that were approved by the commissioners office and remain on file. They include my Holualoa design with the bamboo handles and the Kaloko design with the zip top and adjustable shoulder strap.
Just a few more things to keep me busy!
And speaking of busy...
The newest Kona Mountain Coffee store opens in Waikiki in 13 days! So I am sewing feverishly to build up the stock to open the new store with. Oh My but the holidays are going to be amusing this year!
a hui hou

No comments: