Monday, March 30, 2009

Pacific Islands Gallery



This weekend Earl and I drove up mauka to Buddha's Cup farm. Chris Colman was so gracious and welcoming. I picked up some of her coffee bags that will be used in some purses and totes starting this week. I am very excited to start on those!

Then we also stopped into the Pacific Islands Gallery in Holualoa to say hi to Janet Lipps, the owner. She has really worked hard on creating a beautiful and inviting gallery. Some galleries have that "library" feel when you walk in. Not Janet's! She has some upbeat music playing and has painted the walls warm colors that really set off all the art work from the many talented local artists.

Janet has been tireless in promoting Hawaiian artists, including myself. I was nearly speechless when I saw the gorgeous postcards that Janet had made up to promote my bags AND her gallery! Here they are front and back! Literally, I got chicken skin, as we say here in Hawaii!

If you are visiting the Big Island, you must stop in and check out her gallery. Besides beautiful island art, she carries, jewelry, table runners by Joan Blackshear, and of course...Sasaki Bags!

No comments: