Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Happy Cinco De Mayo!


I have a funny story to share with you that pokes fun at how "white" I am! You must remember that I was born in western Montana and grew up mostly in northern Idaho, both, though beautiful locations, the locales are challenged in cultural diversity! When I was 28 years old, I went to southern California for a family wedding and on my return flight from Seattle to Spokane, the pilot got on the microphone and said, "in honor of Cinco De Mayo, we will be passing out complimentary Dos Equis beer to anyone who would like one." I was quite eager to try out a new beer that I hadn't seen before so said to myself, "here's to you Cinco! Whoever you are!" I figured "Cinco" must be the liberator of Mexico or the President or someone important! Little did I know! When I found out, my ignorance cracked me up! You may as well laugh! So to this day, as May 5th approaches and I hear the words "Cinco De Mayo" I want to raise my glass and toast this wonderful "guy"!

So what did you do on this beautiful Cinco De Mayo?

I reorganized my filing cabinets. I have been meaning to make files for each of my accounts that I sell to and got that all accomplished today. It feels so good to take charge and reorganize.

I also got a wonderful note from Marjorie Desouza of Palm Palm on Kauai. She received her latest shipment of Sasaki Market Totes and barely had them unpacked before she sold two of them. She was kind enough to send me a few photos of my bags in her boutique. So I had to share! See if you can spot the 6 market totes that I see.

If you are in Kauai, you HAVE to check out her store. Right now she is in Kapaa in the Coconut Grove Marketplace but will be opening her new store this summer. I'll give you more information as it gets closer.

No comments: