Thursday, May 7, 2009

Let's hear it for my mom!


I just want to start a little cheering section today for my mom! She will be participating in a charity fashion show tomorrow held at the Coeur d'Alene Resort in Cda, Idaho where she lives. My mom is an absolutely beautiful woman both inside and out. She always looks for the best in everyone like my great grammy Ridenour who raised her taught her by example to do. My mom can keep a secret and is a loyal friend. I feel so lucky to have such a great mom! But aside from that, she is physically beautiful. I remember as a girl growing up watching her wash her makeup off and how feminine she always smelled. The scent of Avon's skin-so-soft brings back early memories to me. Today, My mom is one of those ladies who has a signature scent, and it is no longer Avon. She wears Ysatis. She is an enviable size and always appears so put together. But my mom is shy! So for her to be participating as a model in a fashion show makes me so very proud of her because I know it isn't the easiest thing in the world for her to do! My mom has finally reached that pivotal age....The age of ...."Why Not?!" For some of us, it hits earlier. But for my mom, evidently, she has just "come of age". The age of "Why Not?!" is the most beautiful of ages. It is when you finally quit worrying about what others may think or say and "just do it" because...well, just because! It is when you realize that life is what you make it and you may not have another opportunity to do something a little crazy that may be fun....so...WHY NOT! I can hardly wait to hear how her day goes tomorrow. I hope that I live to see all my loved ones reach that age...that pivotal age....the age of why not!?!

4 comments:

Betty said...

To my darling Daughter!
Thank you for such a beautiful tribute!! I will try to do my best today and most of all "just have fun!"
I love you!!!
Mom

Anonymous said...

Barb...your mom looks fabulous! Kathy sent me your lovely tribute and I had to leave a post!

I'm sure she had a great time!

~ Steph

Anonymous said...

Your mom has a beautiful daughter!

Sasaki Bags said...

Nikki,
I thank you!
Barb