Friday, December 18, 2009

Baby Mikayla

I just wanted to give an update on my friends' tiny little baby girl. She is just over 2 weeks old now and thriving at just about 2lbs. This week they removed the oxygen and the IV. She has been off the respirator for a week. This little girl is a fighter. My heart goes out to their family as I know their lives changed so much over night! Thank you to all who believe in the power of prayer that have included little Mikayla. All I know is that the doctors are amazed. I have seen photos of this little girl who came into the world weighing 1 lb 1 oz., and she is simply a miracle with everything so perfectly formed. Keep her in your thoughts and prayers.

a hui hou

3 comments:

Mom said...

Thanks for the update on little Mikayla! She has been on my mind so much these past two weeks. She is such a little fighter that I am sure it will carry her far throughout her life!

Debbie said...

Thanks for the update Barb - I have been thinking about this sweet little girl - glad to hear she is hanging in there.

Sasaki Bags said...

I spoke to her momma yesterday and Mikayla is 3 lbs 1oz. so in 6 weeks she has gained 2 lbs. I think she must be competing with me! I am just so happy that she is getting stronger and thriving. I hope to be able to spoil this little girl!