Monday, February 22, 2010

Kawaii = Cute



Yesterday, I just could not sew one more burlap bag! I was craving the creative part of my job. I wanted to make something unique and try out something new. So I took the "day off" and just sewed on things that made me smile. I cut out obis and kimono to make some cosmetic bags out of and then I made this cute little bag. In Japanese, Kawaii means cute. It is sort of an inclusive word to describe adorable cartoons, toys etc. I bought this fabric when I was in Walmart the other day. I don't know that I would use it for lots of bags, which is why I didn't purchase it from Trans Pacific wholesalers. Not sure if I could sell 20 yards of it! But for this little bag, it made me smile. It has pirates riding the backs of turtles, dogs, cats, pink pigs and other silly creatures. I combined it with layers of a black and white pin dot fabric and I like how it worked together. I made a matching key fob that can double as a wristlet when attached to the bag. It also comes with an adjustable, removable shoulder strap.






Today....its back to burlap!






a hui hou

No comments: