Saturday, February 20, 2010

Lipps-Sasaki Bag

One of the galleries that sells Sasaki Bags is Pacific Islands Gallery in Holualoa, Hawaii on the Big Island. The owner, Janet Lipps is a talented artist as well as a designer. She had a giclee made from one of her original paintings and gave it to me a few months ago to see what I could do with it. This morning, I woke up at 5:30 and for some reason was inspired to make a bag out of Janet's giclee. She had a special finish put on it that allows it to be wiped clean and will ensure longer durability. The Amy Butler polka dot print I used with it just happened to be the only fabric I had in my studio that complimented the colors in her painting but I think it adds some whimsy.




I can hardly wait to give it to her to see what she thinks.

Marrying two art forms that "work" thrills me. It is unexpected...so it is what I strive to do with much of my work, in case you haven't noticed! ;o)

No comments: