Friday, September 19, 2014

Go make your memories

MM and I used to travel to exotic Asian destinations for our vacations.  In the past 7 or 8 years when we weren't at my parents for vacations, we stayed closer to home.  Since then, we've gone to Lana'i and Molokai and of course Kauai and Oahu. But more often than not, we have enjoyed stay-cations right here on our own beautiful island.  Our favorite spots are over in the district of Puna in the Pahoa and Keaau areas.  We have such great memories!  I was even lucky enough to take my mom and my daughter on two separate vacations to Puna where we relaxed Oceanside and enjoyed the sounds and sights of the crashing waves.  Within the next seven days, lava is expected to flow through the town of Pahoa where we've enjoyed many a meal.  Before the end of the year, lava will make its way over the cliffs into the ocean...forever changing the landscape as we knew it.

My heart is with those who are at risk of losing their homes or jobs.  Yet I am so thankful for the times that we had that are etched into my memories.

Life is way too short.  Go out there and enjoy it.  Make memories that will make you smile til your last breath.

A hui hou

No comments: