Monday, September 8, 2014

Redesigning an Old Favorite

 One of the very first bags that I became known for was my hobo style bag that I dubbed my "Kealakekua" bag.  I discontinued it for a few years and have just brought it back with some design updates.  In the past, I had two exterior pockets on the burlap, but, alas, I found that girls couldn't resist seeing how full they could stuff their bags and the stress it put on the burlap ended up in fraying and weakening the fibers. 

For the past year, I have been carrying a prototype of this bag to see how it wears now that I have removed the exterior pockets from the design.  I have also added an open zipper on the top and two interior pockets that are streamlined.  One has a zipper and the other is a cellphone/pen pocket. 

I have also added a layer of fleece and a different type of interfacing to all of the burlap pieces.  So far, the prototype has not shown any signs of wear!  Yay!  (and the crowd goes wild!) 

Now I know that not all of you girls are going to dig the ruffles, and no, not all of these bags will have ruffles, but this one does....and I LOVE it!  What can I say?  I'm a girly girl at heart! 

Where can you find this bag for purchase?  Well, funny you should ask!  Just mosey on over to my Etsy store.
So there you have it!  Only you girls who actually read my blog are getting the heads up about this bag!  Lucky you! 

Have a great week!

A hui hou

No comments: